Guy Oswald was born in Lowestoft
in 1939. He trained for the ministry at Ridley Hall. He was ordained
in 1968, serving his title at St. Paul's Chippenham with Langley
Burrell. After four years there he moved to Hengrove. He returned
in 1975 as Priest in charge of Hardenhuish and Kington St. Michael,
becoming Team Vicar of the North Chippenham Group in 1979. He
left Hardenhuish in 1982 moving on to the Somerfords.